Fertilia – Gatineau
More details about Fertilia
What is Fertilia?
The Fertilia method is an alternative or a complement to the conventional medical approach. We propose solutions based on the ancient natural medical tradition which, despite its thousand-year-old origins, is increasingly validated by research (see studies)
The Fertilia method is :
- An analysis of your fertility problem using mainly the principles of good health of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- A different understanding of the causes of infertility
- A 100% natural treatment to restore internal balance and fertility, using different acupuncture techniques (classical acupuncture, laser acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, auriculo-acupuncture)
- The use of natural homeopathic remedies (see procedure)
Understanding and treating infertility differently
Conventional medicine (or biomedicine) and traditional Chinese medicine: 2 different visions
It is important to remember that Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and acupuncture in particular do not consider infertility in the same way as conventional medicine (CM).
Indeed, whereas TCM is mainly concerned with the reproductive system (sexual organs and hormones) and therefore mainly with the anatomical and chemical dimension of the human being, TCM and acupuncture are based on an energetic vision of man and the universe to establish a "diagnostic and therapeutic reasoning". This vision proposes that, on the microcosmic level, living systems are organised in the image of the macrocosmic universe and are therefore subject to the same laws, particularly those of the physical and electromagnetic domains. From these universal laws, rules are derived that serve as a framework for the development of therapeutic intervention.
This energetic dimension is conceptualised as supporting and energising not only the physical dimension, but also the emotional, mental and universal dimensions of the psyche. Based on a holistic vision, TCM and acupuncture will have a bioenergetic impact on all aspects of the person.
The acupuncturist treats the patient by addressing this energetic dimension, supporting or stimulating the living organism, inviting it, pushing it, slowing it down, helping it to adapt and regain its equilibrium, allowing it, as far as possible, to repair itself. It is, as the authors H. Benfield and E. Korngold* conceive it, a "natural environment". Korngold*, a "gardener of the body".
*Between Heaven and Earth: A Guide to Chinese Medicine, June 1992, Ballantine Books
Why choose Fertilia?
a. For its effectiveness :
- Some of the solutions used by the method are officially validated by studies proving their effectiveness in the treatment of infertility.
- Because it is a holistic treatment that touches the physical (physiology), mental, emotional and energetic dimensions
- Even for so-called "unexplained" infertility, we can usually help you with a treatment that stems from a different understanding of your inner dynamics and the discovery of factors different from those officially considered.
b. For a 100% natural "physically comfortable and safe" approach. No side effects such as the following possibly caused by hormonal stimulation:
- Hot flashes
- Varicose veins, cellulite, phlebitis, embolism
- Weight gain, oedema
- Digestive disturbances: vomiting, abdominal pain
- Sleep disturbance
- Mood changes
c. For a "humanly and emotionally reasonable" approach (low human cost)
- No exhausting and stressful long-distance travel
- Little or no work absenteeism or vacation days sacrificed, thus reducing professional and economic stress
- Treatment received close to home
- Empathetic, understanding, attentive listening
- Little stress with Fertilia:
- The absence of side effects, its affordable cost and the absence of certain inconveniences considerably reduce stress levels.
- What's more, if necessary, anxiety can be relieved by some of our approaches.
d. For an 'affordable' approach:
The average cost of IVF is between $5,000 and $10,000 per cycle, not including indirect costs such as lost working days, long journeys, accommodation, catering, etc.
In comparison, the financial cost of the Fertilia method represents a fraction of the cost of conventional treatments.
e. For our overall experience of over 20 years in natural medicine. We cannot, for ethical reasons, provide success statistics here (the Quebec Order of Acupuncturists forbids such claims), but we suggest you read some studies, including this one which concludes that researchers observed that Chinese herbology could achieve a pregnancy rate twice as high as IVF. (Complement Ther Med. 2011 Dec;19(6):319-31. doi: 10.1016/j.ctim.2011.09.003. Epub 2011 Oct 5
f. For our expertise
Michel Morissette :
- Has a degree in pharmacy, homeopathy and acupuncture
- Has received specific training in natural infertility treatment from internationally recognised specialists (Bob Flaws, Jane Littleton, Aina Zhang)
- Has more than 10 years of training in various health fields
g. For our health-promoting approach. Indeed, Fertilia is also a health adventure, a unique experience of discovering a method that promotes good health. In addition to helping you optimise your fertility, you benefit from natural treatments that aim to regain a better inner balance and overall health.
h. To regain some autonomy and power over your health and fertility:
- Through an understanding of certain factors on which you can act
- By solutions that does not impose an artificial rhythm (or external stimulation) on your body, but rather helps it to find its own.
i. For our commitment :
- To accompany you throughout this natural process
- To answer your questions to the best of our knowledge
- To devote the necessary time and effort to you
When to consult us?
Before using the Fertilia method, you should ideally make sure that you are not suffering from a "mechanical" problem (e.g. obstruction of the fallopian tubes, absence or blockage of the vas deferens).
You should make an appointment as soon as possible. If you are considering in vitro fertilisation (IVF) or intrauterine insemination (IUI), we recommend that you see us first because :
- Not only could our treatments enable you to become pregnant naturally, but also :
- Your chances of success with IVF or IUU are likely to be better